Are you a fan of Chinese soup? Are you a fan of radish? But most importantly, are you a health conscious? Let me do the honor of giving you an insight about one of the healthiest vegetable, 'Radish' that might assist you in a healthy diet, along with a yummy recipe of 'Chinese radish soup'.
Here Are Some Benefits of Consuming Radish: Radish helps when you have a loss of appetite. If you are prone to infections, eat radish! Radishes will help in relieving fever, colds and coughs. Bile duct problems, stomach and intestinal disorders can be minimized to an extent if you include radish to your daily dose of food. Helps in rebuilding blood vessels and tissues. Keeps our bones and teeth strong and healthy. To top it off, radish is high on potassium, antioxidants, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and fiber, keeping our body in a good working condition fighting against diseases like heart attacks, stroke and cancer.
And Now the Recipe of Chinese Radish Soup:
Ingredients Needed Are: 1. 300 grams of chicken 2. 200 grams of white radish 3. Soaked red dates -8 in numbers. 4. Lightly crushed white peppercorn-One tablespoon 5. Chinese wolfberries - One tablespoon 6. Two and a half bowls of water (700 ml) 7. Salt to taste.
How to Cook: 1. Firstly, wash your hands then wash the radish and the whole white peppercorns, to make the red dates soft and gentle, soak them in water for an hour or two. Also, soak the wolfberries in cold water.
2. Crush the white peppercorns lightly, by using the back of a knife and cut the radish into large chunks.
3. After washing the chicken, chop them into large pieces. Using a pot of boiling water, add the pieces and wait for 15-20 minutes. After it is properly cooked, keep it aside.
4. Heat a pot containing of 700 ml of water i.e. approximately two and a half bowls of water for preparing the soup.
5. When the water starts boiling add all the ingredients. Add radish, soaked red dates, whole and lightly crushed peppercorns, boiled chicken and wolfberries. Let it boil for 10-15 minutes.
6. After boiling it on high flame for about 15 minutes, cover the pot and reduce the flame to low and continue boiling for another one hour.
7. After an hour, check whether the soup has thickened or not. If not, keep stirring for few minutes until it thickens.
8. Season it with salt according to your taste.
9. And wallah! Your nourishing soup is ready to serve. Do serve it hot for better taste.
Chinese radish soup is very low in calories with absolutely no cholesterol. This soup is consumed to detoxify the digestive system of our body. Along with boiled ribs and lightly crushed peppercorns, it balances out the cooling effect of radish by adding heat to it. Do try out the recipe and keep yourself healthy and happy!
What Our Clients Are Saying
Farm fresh microgreens grown organically right here in Northwest Indiana! We pride ourselves on producing high quality, nutrient dense food. We sell to chefs, chains, grocery stores, and anyone else looking for REAL natural good.